Completed in 1890, the house was purchased by Miami from the Mitchell family in 1920. Located at the Southeast corner of Spring and Campus Avenue, it was first used as a Home Economics house in 1920-21 and known as the Home Management House until 1959. In December 1959, the building was named for Isabel Bevier, second president of the American Home Economics Association, whose sole connection with Miami was a single summer term teaching appointment. After Hanna House's completion in 1964, Bevier Cottage became headquarters for the Instructional Research Service, previously located in Ogden Hall. It was razed in 1967 to make room for the new McGuffey Laboratory School.
"Miami University Buildings Razed, Sold, Moved or . . . Discontinued"
Flinterman, Miami Buildings, Past and Present , 1966, LD3241.M534 F54x
Irwin, "Miami University Facilities"